The Bay of Islands Yacht Club slipway facilities are available to all current senior and family members for their vessel’s maintenance.
The club has cradles for launches and yachts ranging from 20-40+ft, with up to 6ft draft and 12 tonne weight. You can also supply your own cradle to fit on the club dollies.
Short- and long-term hardstand space is available with power and water. We have a waterblasting facility, with all antifouling residue being environmentally contained. Special arrangements can be made to accommodate multihull vessels.
The slipway is operational from Mid February until mid December (closed over the summer period).
Please note the following!
– Proof of insurance must be presented prior to your boat being hauled out, a minimum of third party insurance is required
– The slipway is operated by voluntary labour. You are expected to help with slipping your craft.
– Wet sanding only, no dry sanding.
– Over spring the slipway is busy so bookings are essential (you may wish to consider slipping during autumn/winter)
– The club has no rubbish disposal facility – please take your own rubbish off site
– Keep the hardstand area clean and tidy – this is a tourist route!
Costs for the year August 2015- July 2016
- Haul Out $200
- Waterblasting $60 per hour – minimum charge 1 hour
- Hard Stand $20 per day
All prices are plus GST
For details or to make a booking please fill out the below form with your details and our slipmaster will be in touch with you shortly.